Digital Producer (TikTok) – 4StudioDepartment:
4Studio (National HQ - Leeds)Reports To:
Senior Digital ProducerStatus:
12 Month FTCDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
The recently-created 4Studio is the engine room for C4’s digital acceleration strategy, with the mission to create, adapt and distribute brilliant content across the key social media channels. We work very closely with key people and departments within C4 to make this a success.
4Studio is based in C4’s new National HQ in Leeds and is a key component of C4’s regional strategy, creating creative job opportunities outside London and expanding the diversity of the company’s creative contribution.JOB PURPOSE
In order to generate the world class social media content that is needed to make C4 the market leader in digital presence and innovation, we need a world class creative and content team. We’re launching on TikTok and want the TikTok producer to be excited to build our presence their for our brands.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual with experience, enthusiasm and fresh ideas in equal measure. You’re probably the first person to share the latest content before it trends. Working alongside a dedicated team of digital creatives, producers and editors, you will be the driving force behind the creative we publish on TikTok. You’ll be suggesting proactive ideas that build awareness and affinity for Channel 4’s channels and programmes through established and emerging social media platforms as well as working with our Strategists and Development team to really make the most of the platform
Our Digital Producers requires a passion and strong knowledge of what works across the content spectrum digitally and on all social media platforms, but especially TikTok. They should be an expert in delivering projects on time, on budget and on brief, through proactive and appropriate management of project scope and resource.
This role is based in the new National HQ in Leeds will be required to liaise with the broader team on any given project including the Marketing team as well as with other C4 departments, to ensure as coherent an approach as possible.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- The production of digital and social assets to build C4 and E4 on TikTok. This might be using programme assets, as well as some original content creation - ranging from technical production to social video production
- You’ll ideally have experience producing a wide variety of content types across social media.
- You’ll have experience of generating ideas that lead to high levels of reach and engagements – preferably using TV shows as a creative base to work from.
- Yes, it’s a cliché, but you’re a ‘social native’ and you know the difference between a hit and a miss, even at the idea stage. You’ll be able to prove you know your Tik Toks from your Tumblrs, and understand behaviours of audiences online.
- You must be abreast of developments in the world of social media and what the implications might be for us.
- You’ve got a string of social-firsts under your belt.
- C4’s remit-fulfilling programmes will make up the bulk of your viewing – everything from Gogglebox to Dispatches via Hollyoaks and Derry Girls.
- As well as coming up with the ideas, you’ll be able to follow them through to delivery – you could probably shoot and ideally edit this stuff if you needed to.
- You would ideally be familiar with the Ofcom code and broadcast regulations so that you don’t waste your time on great ideas that turn out to be illegal.
- You will need to be tonally versatile as your team will be making content for Channel 4 and E4 accounts.
- Occasionally, you’ll need to make content for distribution using our on-screen talent, since they’re often our biggest influencers, so you’ll need the ability to remain calm in the presence of your favourite telly person.
- Our target audience are a diverse bunch and Channel 4 exists to promote diversity. You will need to be empathetic towards this diverse bunch and be able to interact with them in ways that feel natural to them – and most importantly, help produce packages to ensure their stories are being told as truthfully as possible.
- You will need to be curious and a voracious consumer of culture.
- You will be required to manage the, sometimes competing, demands of key stakeholders. Cool under pressure and excellent powers of persuasion are required.
- You will need to have a good working relationship with Legal & Compliance. They are there to make sure we stay the right side of the line rather than to clip your wings. Channel 4 was Born Risky.
- You’ll need experience of working to strict budgets.
- You won’t be responsible for reporting, but you should still be interested in results and be able to find out what’s done well and what hasn’t – this information should inform your future work.
- You’ll work in our new National HQ in Leeds as part of 4Studio, and in partnership with multiple other stakeholders.
Technical & Professional Skills
- Must have a good knowledge of all areas of online marketing and content creation.
- Proven experience of the production of digital and social assets - ranging from technical production to social video production.
- Proven experience and knowledge of the TikTok platform, what makes it successful and how to harness it.
- Experience of producing everything from video clip compilations to short-form series, memes and anything in-between.
- Must be socially native, with a strong understanding of what content audiences engage with online applying this knowledge to TikTok.
- Prior experience of producing creative projects in order to meet the creative brief.
- Important to keep up to date with creative and digital / social media trends and have a passion for cutting edge creative and innovation.
- Must have a thorough understanding of processes, workflows, tools and methodologies.
- Good learning agility and curious about new technologies and solutions – you’ll be a keen learner of the ever-evolving suite of products available.
- Should be a quick learner and curious about new technologies and solutions.
- Must have an understanding of post-production processes including delivering assets to a variety of technical specifications.
- Experience of using productivity tools such as Monday or Trello is preferred.
- Should be confident in making creative, technical and budgetary decisions.
- Works on broad variety of matters within the content spectrum, and will sometimes be required to produce content with limited time, talent and budget.
- Must be highly organised.
- Ability to work with the wider team to find, negotiate with and manage local resource (production companies, video editors, motion graphics artists, designers, production assistants etc.) if required.
- Will manage entire workflow from ideation through to final delivery.
- Proven experience of establishing close working relationships (will be required to build relationships across Channel 4 and productions) and able to communicate with differing departments to meet differing demands.
- Must be willing to travel between Leeds and London if required.
- Works regularly with a mixture of people from managers, immediate team, and third-party suppliers.
- Must be collaborative in their approach.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to face a regular mixture of routine and non-routine problems in the role.
- Can demonstrate resilience and remains calm under pressure.
- Must be a proactive problem solver.