People Team AssistantReports to:
People Partner Department:
London or ManchesterContract:
Permanent DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
To create change through entertainment.
That’s our purpose and we can only ever be as good as our people and the People Team makes sure we have the very best.
The function partners with our core business areas: Creative, Commercial and Operations in the London, Leeds, Manchester, Bristol and Glasgow locations. Specialists in Reward, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition and People Systems work across the Channel, supporting the People Business team to ensure that our people are developed and engaged, enabling the Channel to deliver on its remit and produce award-winning content in line with our Future 4 Strategy.
If you have a passion for entertainment that challenges the status quo and are interested in starting a rewarding career in HR, this could be the perfect role for you!WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You will support the People Team by providing a professional and effective service covering the entire employee cycle. Providing first line support to our employees and line managers. Maintenance of our HR system (called 4People) and employee data and providing accurate and timely information to our outsourced suppliers.
The role can be based in our London or Manchester office. When the C4 offices reopen you’ll be able to work up to 50% of your time from home and 50% from your office base. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- First point of contact for employees and managers providing query resolution and/or appropriate direction to achieve the employee outcome and drive a positive employee experience.
- Ensure that all People data is accurate and up to date which includes setting up new joiners, updating leaver details and assisting line managers with managing employee changes through the HR system.
- Produce reports and analysis / surveys for People team and/or other teams, keeping them up to date with key dates such as Fixed Term Contract expiry dates, probation end dates and acting up dates.
- Work with payroll and the benefit provider to champion good working practices ensuring data is processed in a timely and accurate manner and communicated back to key stakeholders.
- Work across the people team supporting the specialists and People Business partners in managing administrative processes for cyclical employee activities along with People related projects working with key internal and external stakeholders. This includes and is not limited to induction, training and first stages of resolving employee concerns
- Champion diversity and inclusion in all aspects of People activity
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Good working knowledge of HR Processes and administration
- Proven experience of working as an HR Assistant / Administrator or in a role that requires similar skills
- Experience of managing a busy and varied workload where you are required to make judgements on prioritisation
- Experience of managing data, producing reports or providing analysis - this does not need to be related to HR
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong team ethic with the ability to work independently
- Calm under pressure and provide a sense of stability to stakeholders and customers
- Comfortable with ambiguity/change adapting well to changing conditions and new ways of thinking
- Understands the confidential nature of the work and can adhere to Channel 4’s information security and GDPR requirements.
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced skills and experience in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- SagePeople People Systems experience
- CIPD or HR Qualification or studying towards