Daytime and Features, Commissioning ApprenticeReports to:
Head of Daytime and FeaturesLocation:
27 September 2021Interviews:
July 2021THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below. AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you already have a Diploma or higher qualification relating to Creative Media. Please also ensure that you complete all of the application questions below and upload these along with your CV as without these we will be unable to progress your application QUALIFICATIONDiploma in Creative Media
- SCQF Level 7
Length : 14 monthsDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
Channel 4 Daytime & Features is a newly formed team who together deliver more than 1500 hours into the C4, More4, E4 & ALL4 portfolio. We aim to bring popular, distinctive & engaging features content with our innovative ways into lifestyle subjects and the best talent on TV.
We’re already known for our much-loved returning shows like Escape to the Chateau & Make do and Mend; Kirsty & Phil’s Location, Location, Location & Love it or List it; George Clarkes Amazing Spaces , Food Unwrapped, Come Dine with Me, Great House Giveaway and Four in a Bed and Steph’s Packed Lunch. We’re also hungry for the next generation if ideas & talent that keep us fresh and relevant to our audiences.
During your time in the Daytime & Features team you’ll get involved in all areas of the work we do, from the point of development to commission through to delivery and beyond; we’ll help you to quickly build up your skills and knowledge of the broadcast industry. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Providing the Daytime & Features team with administrative support
- Diary Management
- Supporting the journey of contracts and programmes from the point of development/commission through to delivery and beyond
- Assist the Commissioning team with the management of all relevant editorial/compliance processes and Channel 4 systems, including sign off liaison with Commissioning Editors, Channel 4 departments and external suppliers
- Act as custodian of the department’s archive and monitoring schedules for repeats across the Channel 4 portfolio
- Ensuring the smooth functioning of the department at all levels, attending meetings, distributing ratings, and liaising on Award entries with external suppliers
- Support Programme Coordinators and Assistant Editors with preparation of materials for routines with the Chief Content Officer and subsequently writing up and distributing minutes
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
- A passion for Channel 4 and our remit, and all things TV.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of organisational skills
- Ability to follow instructions, to work both independently and as part of a team
- Possess a keen attitude, a willingness to learn
- Ability to problem solve and use initiative to resolve issues
- A commitment to meet deadlines and get the job done
- To have and use initiative as well
- To be adaptive with a flexible approach to tasks
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is preferred.
If you are unable to complete the Apprentice application, we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.ukRELOCATION
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We know that applying for a job can be a lengthy process and that you invest a lot of time and effort in your application, it really doesn’t go unnoticed! Please bear with us as it may take a little time to get back to you following the close date due to the high volume of applications received but please be reassured we look at every application and will get back to you with an outcome as soon as we can. Stage One
– Online application processPlease don't forget to complete and upload your responses to all of the application questions as without these we will be unable to progress your applicationStage Two
– If successful through the first screening you will be invited to complete a short video interview to show us your passion for Channel 4 and tell us more about your background. You might even be asked to complete a short work-related task depending on the business area you apply to Final stage
- The final stage will consist of a virtual interview with the hiring manager where you will be able to find out more about the team you will be working with and ask any questions that you may have.
We look forward to receiving your application!