All4 Product Marketing Apprentice Reports to:
Growth Manager, All 4Location:
July 2021THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below. AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you already have a Level 3 or higher qualification relating to Digital Marketing. Please also ensure that you complete all of the application questions below and upload these along with your CV as without these we will be unable to progress your application QUALIFICATION Digital Marketer
Length: 18 Months TEAM DESCRIPTION
All 4 is Channel 4’s video-on-demand proposition, home to original and exclusive shows, box sets of iconic series, as well as live and catch up TV from C4’s broadcast channels.
Available as an app on over 20 different platforms including mobiles, tablets, PCs, TVs and games consoles, as well as being syndicated to the likes of Sky and Virgin, All 4 reaches over 5 million monthly viewers and has more than half of all 16-34s in the UK as registered users.
The All 4 Product team is responsible for creating the best possible user experience on owned-and-operated platforms, one that is both seamless and engaging, and that encourages visitors to become viewers, to view more, and to return more often.
This role sits within the All 4 Growth Team, which is responsible for driving increased viewing on All 4 from our registered users base of 23m users. This includes delivering digital Marketing campaigns which drive new users, developing strategies to retain existing users and upselling them to our premium Product tier All 4+. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Work with the Growth Managers to support the delivery of digital marketing campaigns that drive increased acquisition and retention through our customer engagement channels such as email, push notifications and in-app messages.
- Support the Growth Managers work with the wider Marketing team to implement digital Marketing campaigns that support key customer journeys, such as new user onboarding. Helping both with the build, deployment and reporting of the Product Marketing campaigns. This provides broad exposure to the wider Marketing mix and will include channels such as PPC, SEO, social and in-stream promos.
- Manage regular updates to our existing Product marketing campaigns to ensure that content, imagery and copy is up-to-date and aligned with the content schedule and wider business priorities.
- Create and present analytics reports to help the team understand the performance of the Product Marketing campaigns and identify any new opportunities where campaigns can be improved.
- Work with our research team to run regular user surveys that measure user satisfaction for both All 4 and All 4+, presenting the results back to the team.
- Support the All 4+ Growth Manager in the operational running of All 4+, providing reporting on customer service enquiries, performance of automated Product Marketing campaigns and payment processing reporting.
- Create regular competitor reviews to identify current trends in the video on demand marketplace.
- Support the wider Growth Team with ad hoc projects and requests
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
- Demonstrate a passion for television in particular the video on demand space and the impact it is having on terrestrial TV consumption
- Strong computing skills and competence in web technologies, with an interest in HTML code.
- Visual and creative flair to help with copywriting and image selection within our Product Marketing campaigns.
- An interest in subscription businesses and understanding how they operate
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Good at building and maintaining relationships with colleagues
- Understanding of image resizing using Adobe Photoshop
- Basic knowledge and/or understanding of HTML code for emails
- Be passionate about and have an understanding of the Channel 4 remit
If you are unable to complete the Apprentice application, we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.ukRELOCATION
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We know that applying for a job can be a lengthy process and that you invest a lot of time and effort in your application, it really doesn’t go unnoticed! Please bear with us as it may take a little time to get back to you following the close date due to the high volume of applications received but please be reassured we look at every application and will get back to you with an outcome as soon as we can. Stage One
– Online application processPlease don't forget to complete and upload your responses to all of the application questions as without these we will be unable to progress your applicationStage Two
– If successful through the first screening you will be invited to complete a short video interview to show us your passion for Channel 4 and tell us more about your background. You might even be asked to complete a short work-related task depending on the business area you apply to Final stage
- The final stage will consist of a virtual interview with the hiring manager where you will be able to find out more about the team you will be working with and ask any questions that you may have.
We look forward to receiving your application!