Content Management ApprenticeReports to:
Content Operations ManagerDepartment:
27th September Interviews:
July 2021THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential bootcamps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. Due to COVID there could be some changes in the way that training is delivered, for example it may be virtually rather than in person. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you have a TV/Film related degree or a L3 qualification in Creative Media. Please also ensure that you complete all of the application questions below and upload these along with your CV as without these we will be unable to progress your application QUALIFICATION Junior Content Producer
- Level 3
Length - 15 MonthsDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
The Programme Management, VOD Operations & Presentation Teams are part of Content Management, a business-critical, responsive department that performs a wide range of tasks to support the delivery of content to the linear channels and All 4.
The Presentation Team is responsible for providing faultless and distinctive daily transmission schedules for Channel 4, E4, More 4, Film 4, 4Seven, 4Music and the music channels. They produce on air graphics for use across the network to support programming and for viewer navigation.
The VOD operations team is responsible for delivery and ongoing operation of programme content on Channel 4’s Video on Demand service.
The Programme Management team is responsible for the on-boarding, processing and delivery of content for both transmission and Video on Demand. Ensuring that all the aspects of programme and film content are prepared to a high standard.
This apprenticeship would really suit someone who:
- Who has a passion for Channel 4 content and would like to support it getting to air and to the All 4 platforms
- Wants to a pursue a career in managing content
- Who has a keen eye for detail
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Scheduling of programme parts, commercial breaks and marketing content for C4, E4, M4, Film4, 4Seven and 4Music.
- Production of graphics for broadcast.
- Managing the workloads efficiently and meeting deadlines
- Developing a good level of understanding of C4 systems and applications
- Understanding Ofcom scheduling rules and ensure they are met
- Ordering/monitoring the progress of material from the producer or distributor through technical review and editing processes to transmission.
- Managing and delivering daily programme content schedules.
- Selecting the appropriate programme version for broadcast and VOD publication.
- Working collaboratively with content management teams across key strategic business and departmental initiatives.
- Co-ordinating the preparation and delivery of subtitling, audio description & BSL signing
- Programme Logging – decide where commercial breaks should be taken within acquired programmes.
- Subtitling longform and shortform content.
- Editing content for compliance.
- VOD: Ensuring programme content goes LIVE on time
- VOD: Troubleshoot delivery issues (Transcoding, delivering & playback)
- VOD: Fielding Post-delivery queries around video, metadata, images, subtitle & AD issues.
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
- Passionate about Channel 4 content and our remit
- To be able to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to spot mistakes
- Comfortable using different types of software and an ability to embrace new technology and systems
- Enjoys working to short term deadlines and has a flexible approach to balance competing priorities
- Self-motivated with good time-management skills
- Comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people both inside and outside of C4
- Works well in a team
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here.
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.uk RELOCATION
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We know that applying for a job can be a lengthy process and that you invest a lot of time and effort in your application, it really doesn’t go unnoticed! Please bear with us as it may take a little time to get back to you following the close date due to the high volume of applications received but please be reassured, we look at every application and will get back to you with an outcome as soon as we can. Stage One
– Online application processPlease don't forget to complete and upload your responses to all of the application questions as without these we will be unable to progress your applicationStage Two
– If successful through the first screening you will be invited to complete a short video interview to show us your passion for Channel 4 and tell us more about your background. You might even be asked to complete a short work-related task depending on the business area you apply to Final stage
- The final stage will consist of a virtual interview with the hiring manager where you will be able to find out more about the team you will be working with and ask any questions that you may have.
We look forward to receiving your application!