Agency Sales & Partnerships Apprentice Reports to:
Agency Sales ManagerLocation:
27th September Interviews:
July 2021THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential bootcamps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. Due to COVID there could be some changes in the way that training is delivered, for example it may be virtually rather than in person. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below. AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. Please also ensure that you complete all of the application questions below and upload these along with your CV as without these we will be unable to progress your application QUALIFICATIONSales Executive
- Level 4
Length: 18 months TEAM DESCRIPTION
Channel 4 is a Public Service Broadcaster (PSB), we exist to be an alternative to the other broadcasters (BBC1 & BBC2). Unlike the BBC, Channel 4 doesn’t get its funding via the TV License, it is solely funded by advertising. Therefore Channel 4 has its own dedicated Sales Team; 4Sales.
4Sales sells all of the Channel 4 portfolio of stations; Channel4, More4, E4, Film4, and also sells on behalf of UKTV (Dave, Really, Gold, Eden, Home, Drama, Watch, and Alibi) and Box Plus Network. The role of the sales team is to provide the much needed revenues to ensure we can continue to produce such shows as Great British Bake Off through to the more niche programmes like Dispatches documentaries.18 month Apprenticeship with 2 rotations - 9 months in Agency Sales team and 9 months in Partnerships team
This role will be based in the C4 London office and will be split between the Agency Sales team and the Partnerships team.
The Agency Sales team work with agencies to book their airtime across all of our TV (linear) channels and All 4 (digital or VoD).
The Partnerships team sell sponsorship packages within the portfolio and also work closely with agency and clients to come up with creative and tailor-made advertising campaigns.
This apprenticeship would suit someone who:
- Is looking to start a career in a commercial department
- Enjoys the idea of selling advertising space
- Enjoys the idea of creative sales solutions
- Interested in understanding the importance of revenue generation
- Interested in working in a Sales environment
- Airtime Sales
- Working alongside our experienced Sales Executives you will be helping to set up TV (linear) and Digital (All4) campaigns on our systems
- This will involve using many different systems, including the use of Power-point, Word and most importantly Excel
- Working on improving campaigns, which will involve speaking with individual agency buyers (Media exec’s) and emailing them
- Working to internal guidelines on optimisation (right TV campaigns / digital campaigns, are put in the correct breaks / programmes), therefore allowing us to sell more airtime / impressions for the business
- Building strong relationships with our agencies, ensuring our reputation & servicing levels are to a high standard
- Ensuring all internal deadlines, such a closing airtime / copy (the actual advert) is filled & ready for our trafficking team to go live
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Support sales presentations and preparing sales materials
- Provide assistance to team when answering briefs and pitching to agencies and clients
- Provide assistance to team when selling and delivering of break innovations
- Maintain effective administrative & filing systems
- Video conversion and short reel editing-desktop software (training will be provided)
- Collate sales material for C4sales.com and for case studies
- Any other general administrative duties as required by the Partnerships Team
- The Partnership Apprentice may be required to assist with the set up and running of commercial events, make travel arrangements and co-ordinate diaries and rooms for meetings.
- You do not need experience of Media Sales, full training will be provided as part of this opportunity
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
- You’ll need a passion for television and the media
- Highly organised with the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Comfortable using Microsoft programmes as well as ability to pick up new technology
- Ability to take and carry out instructions accurately and also work independently
- Strong numeracy skills and confident dealing with large amount of numerical data
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to use your own initiative to seek out learning opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills
- Understanding and passion for the Channel 4 brand and remit
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here.
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.uk RELOCATION
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We know that applying for a job can be a lengthy process and that you invest a lot of time and effort in your application, it really doesn’t go unnoticed! Please bear with us as it may take a little time to get back to you following the close date due to the high volume of applications received but please be reassured, we look at every application and will get back to you with an outcome as soon as we can. Stage One
– Online application processPlease don't forget to complete and upload your responses to all of the application questions as without these we will be unable to progress your applicationStage Two
– If successful through the first screening you will be invited to complete a short video interview to show us your passion for Channel 4 and tell us more about your background. You might even be asked to complete a short work-related task depending on the business area you apply to Final stage
- The final stage will consist of a virtual interview with the hiring manager where you will be able to find out more about the team you will be working with and ask any questions that you may have.
We look forward to receiving your application!